Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No curses for me.

Cursed people. There are many.  I know. Because I encounter ‘em often. They claim to be cursed . And I believe ‘em. Because they act cursed. They tell me all their troubles. Rarely do they count blessings. Only curses, it seems. As if everything goes wrong in their lives. Makes me feel guilty. Because I’m blessed. I count multiple blessings every day. Maybe I’m cursed, and just don’t recognize it.  For instance, the sun is shining today. And if I’m not careful, I could be sun-burned. I suppose that would be a curse. But I’m gonna feel the warmth of the sunshine. As I sit down on a park bench. And read a book. So that I can feel blessed.  But to play it safe, I’ll put a high number sun block on my nose and cheeks.   No way am I gonna allow myself to be cursed . –Jim Broede

No comments: