Sunday, December 23, 2012

The soap opera element.

Life is full of soap operas.  Real-life ones. I could write about ‘em. They are happening around me. All the time. In the lives of people I know. Relatives. Friends. Acquaintances. Some of the scenarios  are so unbelievable that they’d be rejected by scriptwriters for TV soap operas. As too preposterous. I’m not gonna write about the specifics here. Because I respect people’s privacy. To a decent degree. If not totally. But I could write about the soap operas in my own family. When I was growing up. And even now. In the lives of my sister. And my son. And my friends. In some respects, my life has been a soap opera. But I’ve learned to glamorize and romanticize much of it. But there’s also plenty of comedy mixed in.  That’s an essential part of life. The humor. The laughs. The soap opera element.  I’m always looking forward to the next episode. –Jim Broede

No comments: