Friday, January 25, 2013

Better to live than ask ???

Why does there have to be a creator? Maybe life just happens. Without the presence of a creator per se. Maybe the cosmos always existed. And has no beginning and no end. I’ve been brainwashed into thinking that something or somebody created everything. Started this whole fantastic reality from nothing. Just bang. There it was. Not sure that I buy into that concept any more. Of course, it seems logical that everything has a beginning and end. But maybe logic is a grand illusion. Maybe there’s only one being in existence. Imagining all this. A fertile imagination. A dream. It’s fun. Asking questions. Like, where did I come from? Who am I? Am I real? Is there a creator? Does there have to be a beginning and end? And should I really care? Maybe it’s better to just go on and do my thing. One day at a time. Seeking pleasure and happiness. Without needing answers to abstract questions.  Should be enough for me to merely contemplate being in love. With life. Don’t need any more than that. I really don’t need answers to my questions. Better to live than to question everything. –Jim Broede

No comments: