Friday, January 25, 2013

My way. The walking way.

I’m wearing out my shoes. Fast. One pair of walking shoes is already gone. Since arriving in Sardinia on Nov. 10. The last three days, I’ve walked a total 41 miles. Close to 50 kilometers. Sometimes, my Italian true love cautions me. To not walk too much. But I’m nowhere close to too much. I love to walk. And explore. Observe. The world is my domain. And I see people. Activity. Human endeavors. Animals, too. Dogs. Cats. Not many squirrels in Sardinia. I wonder why. Gotta check it out. Back home in Minnesota I see squirrels. Year-round. Even in the frigid wintertime. They don’t all hibernate. Anyway, I was talking about walking. It’s not too much. Because I break up my walks. Sometimes in two-mile segments. But occasionally 10-mile spurts. Depends. I listen to my body. My mind, too.  That’s quite a combination. I listen to other people, too. But generally, I do things my way. The walking way. –Jim Broede

No comments: