Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another Loverboy. Made my day.

When I’m out walking in Italy and see a cat, something automatic happens. I want to become acquainted. Sometimes it works. Most times it doesn’t. Because cats tend to be persnickety. They don’t cozy up to strangers. They keep their distance. Unless you are an exceptional cat. Such as my dear Loverboy. He warms up to everyone. Immediately. Yes, he’s appropriately named. He’s a lover. And today, I met what could be one of his relatives. A beautiful tranquil and loving cat. Roaming on spacious coal mining property in the city of Carbonia in Sardinia, where I’m staying this winter. I made my musing catlike sounds. He stopped. And invited me to come see him. He rolled over on his back, and begged for attention. He got it. A cat like this must have a home. He must belong to someone. He’s irresistible. Another Loverboy. Made my day. –Jim Broede

No comments: