Thursday, February 21, 2013

As much power as the god of love.

Can’t help it. I’m compelled to write about people I know. In many instances, they are disguised. I try to recreate them. Often into characters that I imagine they’ll become. Some day. Mostly good. But not always. Because I have a feeling. That they are headed for disaster. Could be wrong. And hope I am. Anyway, that’s the nature of writing. For me, at least. A blend of fact and fiction. Maybe that makes me dangerous. As some friends think. But I don’t think so. Instead, it’s merely my imagination. Being exercised. Allows me to create worlds. Maybe not real. But hey, sometimes scary. Other times, pleasant. Mostly, I like love stories. That’s my mission. To create love. To feel love. To grasp love. Even when I see hate. I can see ways to transform it. So that it evolves. Into love. Magically. Gives me almost as much power. As the god of love. –Jim Broede

No comments: