Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ignoring the rest of the world.

My aim in life isn’t to please a mass of people. Maybe a handful, at the most. But mainly myself. Doing the right thing. That’s my desire. My goal. If I please throngs of people, chances are things have gone awry. I’ll have done the wrong things. Failed. I suspect that the masses want all of the wrong things. A selfish and greedy style of living. Survival of the fittest. Which means the most corrupt. The manipulators. He/she who is able to acquire power. By duping most everyone. Taking advantage of the gullible. And that’s the general population. Make them think that they have a vote. A say. When they really don’t. That’s the true nature of a democracy. Of course, I would  personally work for the common good. But that makes me the enemy of the real powerbrokers. I haven’t got a chance. My only feasible/practical option is to hide away. In my cocoon. Minding my own business. Finding  a true love to give me loving solace. Which I’ve done. Leading a quiet and peaceful life. Ignoring the rest of the world. –Jim Broede

No comments: