Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Savoring. Maybe more than ever.

I’ll be leaving Italy. In about a month. One of my close and dear German friends told me the other day, in an email, that he’s reading between the lines of my written words. And that I’m homesick. For America. Don’t know about that. Maybe it’s that I’m in love with both countries. America and Italy. Desiring the best of two worlds. Nice to come and go to both places. But the friend tells me that there’s no place like one’s native country. That it’s the place of one’s soul and heart. But I’m not sure about that. My soul and heart is more likely in the cosmos. In all of creation. That makes me in love with life. The whole shebang. At times, I may sound disenchanted. With virtually everything. But I ain’t disenchanted with the pulse beat of life. I suspect that even after death, I’ll be savoring it all. Maybe more than ever. –Jim Broede

No comments: