Saturday, February 23, 2013

In deeper & more profound ways.

Got up at 5 this morning. To write. And haven’t gone back to bed. Probably won’t. Until late tonight. I’m tired. But it’s a relaxed tired. That makes a difference. I have friends who get tired. But in nervous ways. And they can’t sleep. Which makes them more uptight. Ornery. Moody. I could go back to bed. And nap. Fall into a peaceful sleep. But don’t. Because I like what I’m doing. Writing. Walking. Shopping. Thinking. All in a relaxed manner. That allows me to tolerate being tired. To still feel good.  Not nervous or moody. When I write, I may doze at the computer for a while. Close my eyes. But I’m still conscious. Still awake. Feels more like a hypnotic spell. A trance. Often, that spurs pleasant thoughts. Allows me to write. In deeper and more profound ways. –Jim Broede

No comments: