Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My imagination. It's a real thing.

I like the thought/fact that I  have Czech relatives on my mother’s side of the family and German relatives on my father’s side. Plus having an Italian true love. Gives me sort of an international feel. Suppose if I dig  deep enough into the past, I’m a blend of many, many nationalities. Most, if not all of us, are. Nice to have such a hodge-podge. I’ve been trying to find my roots. By connecting with relatives. Even distant cousins. I suppose, in a sense, we are all related. I’m doing the connecting mainly out of curiosity. But there are elements of adventure and the exotic in it, too. I go to places all over the world. To walk the same ground as my ancestors. And it helps me capture their spirits. Maybe it’s merely my imagination. But then, my imagination is a real thing. Vivid. Alive. Magnificent. –Jim Broede

No comments: