Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Living to 1,000. Ain't a bad idea.

I’ve distanced myself from people back home in Minnesota. Been living in Italy. Since early November. So it’s natural. To start forgetting about Minnesota. And my friends and acquaintances there. But something nice about that. When I return in the springtime, maybe I’ll appreciate them more. Proving the adage that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I don’t know. We’ll see. Anyway, I’m broadening my world horizons. My world view. Because I’ve found a way to live in two places. In Sardinia. With my Italian true love. And in Minnesota. In my cocoon. On a lake. With my two cats. And a daily Skype connection with my true love back in Italy. She, in turn, comes to stay with me in the summertime. A good deal. For both of us. I’m beginning to feel both American and Italian. Except I haven’t mastered the Italian language. And may never will. Unless I live to 1,000 years. Which ain’t such a bad idea. –Jim Broede

No comments: