Monday, February 25, 2013

So, don't worry. Be happy.

Apparently there’s no clear winner in the Italian parliamentary elections. Which happens in Italy often. Because of a fantastic number of political parties. No one party comes close to corralling a majority. Maybe that’s the advantage of the American  two-party system. Can’t be sure. Both systems stink. Because politics of any kind tends to be a dirty, rotten game. Played unfairly. Often without any sense of achieving the common good. Therefore, the poor and middle class suffer. And the elite and monetarily rich tend to thrive. They become selfish and greedy powerbrokers. Happens in the USA. Happens in Italy. Happens all over the world. That’s the nature of politics. My Italian true love stayed up late into the wee hours of morning. Watching the Italian election results. Lamenting. Worrying. Anguishing. For her country. I went to bed. Relaxed. Had sweet dreams. Because I’m in love with my true love. I count my blessings. Living in a cocoon. In the beautiful and bountiful paradise of  Sardinia.  More or less isolating myself from the political realm. I can’t control the world politic. So I just let it be. A matter of acceptance. And get on with the rest of my life. Relishing the good things when they happen. And ignoring the not-so-good. To the best of my ability. Keeps me reasonably happy. Especially when I’m with my true love. I love her even when she’s a little bit forlorn. I tell her things could be worse. Berlusconi could end up with a fourth term as prime minister. Don’t think it’s gonna happen. So, don’t worry. Be happy. –Jim Broede

No comments: