Thursday, February 21, 2013

The good life.

I need the good life. Whatever that is. Maybe it’s that one has to believe in good. And that’s an abstract term.  With me, I’m satisfied without being fully satisfied. I savor what I’ve got. But I’m always looking for something more. A new experience. A new insight. I have an Italian true love. That’s for sure. Part of the good life. But the nicest thing about true love is the constant source of new discovery. Something new every day. It ain’t always the same thing. Maybe a new kind of radiance. An unexpected pleasure. Which may seem little at the time. But upon reflection, it has  a lasting effect. Something that happened yesterday. A moment of intimacy. But it’s still with me today. An awareness. That I have the good life. –Jim Broede

No comments: