Thursday, February 21, 2013

The forgiving Italian women.

Maybe Italian women are far more forgiving than American women. Wonder if there have been sociological studies about things like that. It’d be interesting to find out. I have only anecdotal evidence to support my suspicions. That if you are a cheating male, you are more likely to be welcomed back in Italy. Because Italian men are perceived and accepted by women as macho. And that includes wanderers in relationships. In other words, unfaithful in their marriage vows. I’m amazed by what I see. Just how forgiving. I shake my head in disbelief. No way do these women want their marriage to break-up. They’ll claim that they still love the guy. And plead for him to come back. Like there doesn’t have to be faith and trust in a marriage/relationship. Some Italian women would rather have a sham marriage than no marriage at all. I suppose that’s true in America, too. But maybe not as much so as in Italy. Think I’ll start to Google. If there haven’t been such studies, there should be. Maybe it’s the Catholic culture. A belief that one can be married only once. So you gotta make it work. Even if it ain’t true love. –Jim Broede

No comments: