Monday, March 25, 2013

A wonderful spiritual language.

Oh, if only wishing were enough. And I could speak fluent Italian. As good as I speak and write  English. Merely by wishing it. I’d be able to cultivate new  friendships. With Italians.  More easily. But anyway, I’m not gonna be stopped by the language barrier. Because I can improvise. With the help of my Italian true love. Serving as faithful translator. She’s the next best thing to me achieving the almost impossible task (at my age) of learning to speak fluent Italian. Maybe I’m capable of rudimentary Italian. But not fluent. I’ll try that. Certainly, it’s better than not trying. Anyway, this is a lead in to what happened yesterday. My true love and I visited an Italian couple. Friends. Claudia I’ve known for some time. Because she’s our housecleaner. But I met her husband for the first time. Vittorio. I was instantly impressed. I want to be his good friend. I like the guy. He exudes good vibes. Pleasant vibes. And after a hour together, I could tell Vittorio and Claudia are truly in love. No doubt about it. I saw the signals. The affection. Physical. Mental. Spiritual. They’ve been together for 30 years. Since they were teen-agers. It’s the kind of love being nurtured continuously. And it needs to be. Because both have had hard setbacks in their lives. Claudia has health problems. Vittorio is out of work because of bad economic times. But still, they have each other. An innate love. That sustains them. And they know it. They’re in this life together. For better or worse.  I see true love. These are my kind of people. I want to know them. Better and better and better. They are truly alive human beings. Loving. My true love and I lost sense of time when we were with Vittorio and Claudia. We were all immersed in each other.  Connected. That’s the way life is meant to be. Yes, we do speak each other’s language.  Fluently. A wonderful spiritual language. –Jim Broede

No comments: