Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Because he's an honest idiot.

I try to let people be themselves. But at the same time, I try to encourage people to try something new. To change their ways. To even take a new approach to life. For instance, if someone seems to be unhappy all the time, why continue being unhappy? Nothing wrong with experimenting. Finding a way to live happily. Maybe I should mind my own business. But if I did that, I’d not be following my inclination.  It’s really my business not to mind my business. To interfere. Especially if things don’t seem to be going right for my acquaintance or friend. I even like to approach strangers. Either for no reason at all. Or just to satisfy my curiosity. Of course, that alienates some people. For instance, Republicans. I may ask a Republican, why are you acting like an idiot? And he responds by acting like an idiot. He’s just answered my question. Honestly. Because he’s an idiot. And that’s what I let him be. No sense in asking him to change .–Jim Broede

No comments: