Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Better to be crazy than bored.

I’m surprised by how many people allow their lives to drift into boredom. Maybe they are waiting for stimulation. From outside. From others. But really, they have to learn to motivate themselves. To light a fire. Under their ass. Or preferably in their belly. They don’t get turned on. Makes me wonder why. Oh, they may have a convenient excuse. Being tired, for instance. But then I know tired people who still get going. Find stimulation in their waking hours. Maybe they sleep for 10 or 12 hours. And take naps. But man, when they get going, they get going.  As for me, I refuse to be bored. And if I’m with boring people, I may stand on my hands or do cartwheels or sing a song badly. Just to catch their attention. Just to show them I ain’t bored. I’m also crazy. And that’s far better than being bored. –Jim Broede

No comments: