Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Holding up my end of friendships.

Occasionally I lose touch with people with whom I don’t want to lose touch. But it happens. Without consciously thinking about it. Until suddenly it occurs that I haven’t heard from Gerhard for a while. Or from several other people. So I begin to wonder. Is it his fault? Or my fault? Maybe it’s me. Because I haven’t taken the time. I’m more focused on other people in my life. But then it could be that Gerhard is ill. Or he’s just plain busy. With  other priorities. Anyway, this means I’m gonna sit down in the next week or two and write letters. To people I know, as more than acquaintances – friends, really – to make inquiries. In the hope that everything is all right. For me, it’s only that I want to hold up my end of friendships. That should always be high on my priority list. –Jim Broede

No comments: