Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I'll be pulling for the deer to win.

Doesn’t matter to me whether stricter gun laws actually reduce killings. I’d still make it extraordinarily difficult for anyone to obtain firearms. I just don’t like the idea of lethal weapons in anyone’s hands. Apparently, in America, we have 250 million guns floating around. From single bullet pistols to automatic rapid-firing assault weapons to powerful bazookas. I’m for denying people’s rights to many of these weapons. Even for hunting. I want animals to have a better chance for survival. By requiring hunters to hunt with bows and arrows and knives and with their bare hands. If someone wants to kill a deer, require the unarmed hunter to enter a ring and take on the deer mano to mano. Bare-handed. Let the deer use his hooves and antlers. I’ll be pulling for the deer to win.   –Jim Broede

No comments: