Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Too little time for learning Italian.

No doubt, it’s easier living in an English-speaking country than in Italy. At least it makes communication easier. For me. But easier is not necessarily the most desirable thing. Living in Italy, particularly Sardinia, is a pleasure. I like the people. And the weather. And the scenery. I manage just fine. Especially since my Italian true love speaks English. Therefore, I’m talking English every day. And learning some Italian. If I weren’t so lazy, I’d learn Italian much faster. I’d be better focused. On truly learning. I’m really not a lazy guy. It’s just that I spend the bulk of my time writing and walking and biking and reading and thinking and loving and dreaming. Leaves too little time for learning the Italian language. –Jim Broede

No comments: