Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Good teachers make pupils excel.

My Italian true love tends to get me better organized. Though I don’t like to admit it. Because I think she’s sort of disorganized herself. But I give her credit for prodding me. To become more organized. Yes, I do need prodding. The irony, of course, is that she’s so good at organizing me that I’ve become more organized than she. A case of the student becoming better at it than the teacher. She scoffs at this. Says it isn’t true. But I know better.  Thing is, she’s a professional teacher. Very good at whatever it is she’s teaching. Whether it be English or English literature or organizational skills. But that doesn’t mean she always practices what she teaches. Like the preacher that doesn’t practice what he preaches. I find this very funny. Though she doesn’t always laugh at my humor. Because she doesn’t fully understand it. But maybe someday she’ll learn and become a better humorist than the teacher. Really, that’s what good teachers are supposed to do. Make their students excel. –Jim Broede

No comments: