Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The little less than humble me.

I’m learning to promote myself. To be a little less than humble. Nothing wrong with that, really. One can be overly modest. Pretending  to be humble. Thing is, if I’m good at something, and people don’t recognize it, I might as well tell them. Hey, I’m good. I know how to write, for instance. My way. I’m able to reach people. With the written word. But some of ‘em won’t know it. Unless I promote my written words. By publishing. That’s what I’m starting to do. I’m distributing my writing. In various ways. In this blog, for example. But there are other ways, too. In book form. In letters. In postings. In various publications. I’m even devising a business card. Promoting my blog. And myself. As a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. Yes, that’s the little less than humble me. –Jim Broede

No comments: