Saturday, March 23, 2013

I like people that I dislike.

I like people. Even the people I dislike. I make an effort to like everyone. Instead, it’s their thinking that I dislike. They’re still okay people. Republicans, for instance. Even some of my relatives are Republicans. And they’re nice people.  Other than when it comes to the matter of politics. Then they are ignoramuses. Idiots. But still, I accept their right to be selfish and greedy. To oppose the common good. In many other respects, they are decent people. They suspect I’m kidding them. And they may be right. I’m half serious. And half merely poking fun. Thing is, I tend to like odd people. And Republicans are as odd as they come. Of course, Republicans think I’m the odd one. For liking people that I dislike. –Jim Broede

No comments: