Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I live comfortably. Thriftily, too.

One thing I miss most about the place where I live in Minnesota. The thrift stores. I like to go shopping. For bargains. For little knick-knacks. That come cheap. Maybe it’s a shirt or sweater. Or a book. Maybe a kitchen appliance. A compact music disc. Sheets for my king-sized bed. I also discard my stuff there. Donate. A nice way to turn things over. Don’t see much of thrift stores in Italy. But that’s where such stores are most needed. Where poor people live. In bad economic times. I’m surprised there aren’t more. Instead, they pop up in relatively affluent places. In America. Maybe it’s that Americans, more than any other people, like to go shopping. Especially for bargains.  I really don’t need to be all that thrifty. I’m not rich. Nor poor. I live comfortably. Thriftily, too. –Jim Broede

No comments: