Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A sin: Not thinking for one's self.

I always have something to write about. A constant flow of thought. When I was in elementary school and high school, maybe I had a blank mind much of the time. Certainly not as many thoughts as I have now. And I like it. The abundance of thought. Some days, maybe much of it frivolous thought. But that’s all right. Frivolity should be a big part of life.  But I think about life. A whole lot. And whether it’s meaningful. It is, I suppose. If I give it meaning. And I do. Some days, that’s my preoccupation. The search for meaning. Wish I had started that earlier in life. Though maybe it doesn’t make a difference. I just wasn’t ready then. I’m a late bloomer. And I’ve had to learn to think. My way. Rather than let other people do the thinking for me. That’s what I suspect many people do. Not think for themselves. That’s a sin. A sacrilege. –Jim Broede

No comments: