Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Won't change my love pattern.

Maybe I allow my life to get too much into a pattern. Doing the same things. Daily. Over and over. Such as walking. Every day. Without miss. I write every day, too. Without miss. Maybe I should try  not writing. For a few days. Maybe I can’t. Because I’m addicted. To writing. To exercise. Maybe that’s all right. Good addictions. Used to be that I was addicted to the Chicago Cubs. In a negative way. Allowed myself to be bothered for a few hours to a day or two after a heartbreaking loss. Until I recognized that was nonsense. Not good. Now I don’t sweat a loss for more than a few minutes. I get over it. Fast. Knowing I can’t change outcomes of games. I’ve learned acceptance. And to quit wishing that things were different. Anyway, I do follow certain daily routines. But I’m still a flexible and adaptable guy. I adjust to the moment and the situation. And keep reminding myself that I’m in love with life. No reason to change that pattern. –Jim Broede

No comments: