Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wonder if she believes me.

When with my Italian true love in Sardinia, I like to do little things. That make her life a little bit easier. Such as getting up. And making breakfast. Every morning. So she can stay in bed a half-hour longer. Makes her better rested. More able to cope with days of teaching teen-agers English and English literature. I also do the dishes. In the morning and the evening. So she can rest. Watch TV. Or read a book. Or just sit down and relax. Quietly. I also make the bed every morning. And change the sheets once a week. I vacuum the house. But she mops the floors. Because she imagines she does it better than me. Though that’s not true. I’m better at almost everything, or so I tell her. Wonder if she believes me.  –Jim Broede

No comments: