Saturday, April 27, 2013

I am taking charge.

Wishing. Not sure if I do a lot of wishing. Or any wishing at all. Maybe it’s more a case of deciding to get on with life. To continue the pursuit of happiness. Thing is, I know many unhappy people. And I sometimes tell ‘em, ‘You don’t have to be unhappy.’ And then I demonstrate. By pointing to the stuff that could make me unhappy. Discontented. Even miserable. But usually I choose to focus on a single fact. That I’m in love. With my Italian true love. And with life. I really don’t have to wish for a better life. Because I have a decent enough life now. I’m fully capable of being happy. At this very moment. I’m living a glamorous and fulfilling life. Writing my own script. That’s better than letting others do it for me. I am taking charge. –Jim Broede

No comments: