Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I was born laughing.

I like to be funny. To introduce humor into most situations. Even at a funeral. After all, life and death can be taken too seriously. If so, that tends to eliminate the fun. I find laughter invigorating. Especially when I’m with people who refuse to laugh. They come off as funny. Of course, some of ‘em think I’m being disrespectful. That I should take a solemn approach. To just about everything.  I can be solemn. Momentarily. But not for a long time.  I need relief. Loosening up, so to speak.  Laughter is good for my mental, physical and emotional health. Most babies are born crying. But not me. I came into the world laughing. I want to leave the same way. –Jim Broede

1 comment:

Joan said...

Just read your blog on Broede's Broodings and the picture with your partner and the dogs. Love it and I recognize your face from when we were in grade school at Douglas School..so can you come to our reunion? You probably don't remember me. I have white hair and the years have gone by rather quickly. We have three cats, our dog Toast passed away 20 yrs. ago Would love another dog, but we are getting a little old for another pet. Hope to see you in August.
Joan Witt Kressin