Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My specialty: Sweet dreams.

I know people that don’t know how to turn things off. They fret. They worry. They think too much. They can’t fall asleep. Because their minds are full of extraneous thought. As for me, I’m a thinker. But I know how to control/corral my thoughts. And to stop thinking bad/negative thoughts. Especially when I’m in need of rest. To be a good thinker, one must be able to revitalize and rejuvenate. To take time off. I suspect that the great thinkers mastered the art of shutting down their minds. Of taking a break.  Of becoming non-thinkers, of sort, for a while. Thinking must become a pleasure. A form of relaxation. The positive thinkers know how to put themselves to sleep. By thinking sweet dreams. That’s my specialty. –Jim Broede

No comments: