Saturday, April 13, 2013

Thank you, baseball gods.

The baseball gods are toying with me. Playing jokes. With my emotions. For instance, yesterday they were both mean and nice to me. My Chicago Cubs seemed to be on the way to a nice smooth win. Over the San Francisco Giants. Leading 2-0 on a well-pitched three-hitter going into the 9th inning. But Frisco rallied with three runs in the top of the 9th and it appeared the Cubs were going to take another heartbreaking loss.  Which have become routine. But maybe the baseball gods were teaching me to have faith. Because the Cubs rallied for two runs in the bottom of the 9th and won the topsy-turvy game, 4-3. In a matter of minutes, my emotions went from despair to elation. Thank you, baseball gods, for making it all end happily. For a change. –Jim Broede

No comments: