Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fine-tuning may not be near enough.

I don’t want the responsibility of being the boss. The grand creator. God.  Though it’s nice to flirt with the idea of filling such a role. Maybe on stage. In a play. How would I handle the job?  Don’t know where I’d begin. My guess is that the real creator – if there is one – realized from the start that he was mistake-prone. That he wasn’t all-knowing. That he was creating a mess. Oh, some beautiful and magnificent stuff, too. Maybe by accident. And that the rights offset the wrongs. But I’d be inclined to wipe the slate clean. And start all over. Learning from my mistakes. But then, maybe all it takes is some fine-tuning.  Maybe that’s what we are in the midst of now. Fine-tuning. But I suspect that won’t be near enough. –Jim Broede

No comments: