Thursday, May 23, 2013

True love: A blending of two souls.

Can’t complain. Because I have a true love.  An Italian. Going on six years now.  Maybe that’s the primary reason for my happiness. But then, I’m really happy for multiple reasons.  Because if I didn’t have a true love, I’d still be in love. With life.  Basically, it’s easy being happy. If one is alive and conscious. And healthy. Anyway, I’m fortunate. Because I’ve had two true loves in my lifetime. Some people don’t have any. I wonder how one gets a true love. Does it just happen? Could be. Just a matter of fate. Destiny. But I’m a romantic idealist. And in both instances, I cultivated true love. The opportunities were there. And I took advantage. Of course, true love has to come on a two-way street, too. True love can’t just be foisted. It’s reciprocated. In all kinds of ways. But it comes down to a blending of two souls. Nothing in life is more meaningful and more dynamic than true love. –Jim Broede

No comments: