Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Life was designed to be savored.

I don’t let other people control the pace of my life. Instead, I take charge.  Doing as I please. At my tempo. Every day, I see people who become rattled. Uneasy. Nervous. And it’s because they submit to the dictates of others. They acquiesce to unreasonable demands. Maybe from a boss. Or even a friend. That’s foolish. And counterproductive. I let everyone know that I’m my own dictator. I fill the role. Admirably. No sense in letting others do it for me. Friends often tell me that they aren’t in a position to live at my kind of pace. Because they aren’t retired. They are still employed. Working. But that’s a lame excuse. Even when employed, I negotiated.  A reasonable pace. My pace. I choose to live slower than others. Because life was designed to be savored. Not hurried. –Jim Broede

No comments: