Thursday, May 9, 2013

The ultimate universal language.

I speak my mind. Some people wish I’d shut up. Or speak less. To be more tactful. Though I consider myself sensitive. But still, it doesn’t bother me to practice a little bit of insensitivity on insensitive people. Why not? It might work.  When it comes to communicating with others, I’m constantly feeling my way. Experimenting. Acknowledging that maybe I’m the one at fault. Because I don’t speak their language. Just because we both speak English, doesn’t mean we share the same vocabulary. Or the same intellect and emotions and savvy.  I like challenges. I’m fascinated, for instance, by the effect of Alzheimer’s on the mind. Trying to find ways to communicate with those with dementia. By entering their world. By exuding good vibes. They can be reached. By a form of spiritual talk. Maybe that’s the ultimate universal language. Vibrations. –Jim Broede

No comments: