Monday, June 17, 2013

I don't wanna be perfect.

Jesus has flaws. So does the creator/god. Everybody has blemishes. That’s the nature of existence. It ain’t all perfect. Even the creator/god makes mistakes. I tried to make that point with a self-professed Christian last week. The fella was agonizing. Because he wasn’t more like Jesus. I had to laugh. Because I don’t want to be like Jesus. I’d rather be me. I’m not even a Christian. That shouldn’t bother Jesus or the creator/god. Because I’m basically a decent guy. Anyway, I suggested to the Christian fella, that he should just be himself. And to not worry about it. The creator/god won’t mind. My guess is the creator/god believes in diversity. Wanting people to be different. Not all the same. He wants people to find their own ways.  Their own paths to happiness and fulfillment.  To become independent, free-thinking human beings.  I encouraged the lamenting Christian fella to accept being his imperfect and unique self. To set his own parameters.  As I do. Don’t ever intend to be perfect. Don’t wanna be. Don’t have to. Jesus and the creator/god set the example. For me. For everyone. By being less than perfect themselves.  I’d rather be a mistake-prone romantic idealist, a mistake-prone spiritual free-thinker, a mistake-prone political liberal, a mistake-prone lover, a mistake-prone dreamer. It’s my way of  savoring and loving every precious moment.  Life itself. The imperfections. Everything. –Jim Broede

No comments: