Monday, June 17, 2013

Delving. Delving. Delving.

I have mixed feelings about privacy. People should have a right to privacy. But I’m a curious guy. And I like to uncover secrets. Other people’s secrets. As for my secrets – well, I don’t really have any. Because I pretty much walk naked. I have little or nothing to hide. Though I don’t go around telling people everything about everything. Just for the sake of telling. If people ask me about this or that, especially out of curiosity, I’ll answer  truthfully. Maybe this has something to do with my chosen profession. Journalist. Writer. I was in the business of being nosy. I had to get people to talk. To tell me everything. And I’d engage them in conversation. Answering their questions, if they answered mine. Usually, curiosity breeds curiosity.  I have an innate interest in people. In their psychological make-up. I would have liked to be a professional psychoanalyst. Indeed, that would be an interesting pursuit. Delving into people’s minds.  Learning their secrets. And what makes them tick. –Jim Broede

No comments: