Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's a spiritual thing.

We all have to cope with life in our own way. I did it by capturing my dear and precious Jeanne’s spirit long before she died physically.  The nice thing about spirit is that it lives forever. It exists at the moment. In the now. Always. No reason why I can’t embrace the living spirit immediately. Rather than waiting for the afterlife. When I discovered that, maybe in the last three years of Jeanne’s physical life, I was able to obtain spiritual sustenance. From Jeanne. From the grand designer/creator.  It gave me a positive grasp on life. The life of true spirit.  That allowed me to put the disease, Alzheimer’s, in proper perspective. Alzheimer’s is a physical malady. Not one of the spirit. In our 38 years of marriage, I captured Jeanne’s spirit in many, many ways. All this coalesced in the waning physical years of Jeanne’s life. I was far more in love with Jeanne’s spirit than with her physical form.  And I still have Jeanne’s spirit today. Living inside me. Forever. Jeanne was teaching me how to live. At the very moment that she was dying. Physically. She made me aware of spirit. Wonderful spirit. I am very much in love. With life. It’s a spiritual thing. --Jim Broede

No comments: