Thursday, June 20, 2013

Let's share the world. Together.

Let’s make it exceedingly easy for immigrants to enter the U.S. And to become citizens. That’s how this nation was built. By immigrants. Looking for a better life. Maybe some of ‘em will live in their own enclaves initially. That’s understandable. But eventually, they’ll blend in. And maybe in some ways it’ll be other Americans that blend in with the immigrants. We can learn from each other. I’m of German and Czech heritage.  I’m a little bit German, Czech and American. A nice blend. I also have an Italian true love. And live almost half of the year in Italy. So I’m feeling like an Italian, too. A citizen of the world. I’m for free exchange. I want to be welcomed into Italy. And in turn, I’ll welcome immigrants from all over the world into the U.S.  We’re different people. But we are all human beings. Earthlings.  Let’s share the world. Together. –Jim Broede

No comments: