Friday, July 19, 2013

I have no time to worry.

I know many people with anxiety disorders. They’re anxious about life. Nervous. Almost all the time. Which means they don’t enjoy life. Because they worry, worry, worry. Mostly about things going wrong. They never get a good night’s sleep. Because they fret about what might go wrong tomorrow. When I show up, they’re worried about me. Because I don’t worry. They conclude that I’m oblivious about what’s happening in the real world.  That I’m living in a fantasy land.  And that if I knew better, I’d worry myself sick. Maybe even to death. They tell me that it’s natural to worry. Because those are real cracks in the sky. That it’s only a matter of time. Before the sky falls. And crushes us all. But I counter. I have a crush. On my Italian true love. I’m enamored. And I have no time to worry. –Jim Broede

No comments: