Saturday, July 6, 2013

Into my own little idyllic world.

I dislike bullies. Maybe that’s why I tend to be un-American. Because America is a bully nation. Arrogant. Sometimes, America fakes it. Pretends not to be a bully. But strip away the façade, and there’s a bully that surfaces. Maybe it has something to do with capitalism. Yes, greed. Selfishness. To have one’s way. No matter what. That’s the bully instinct.  American politicians are bullies. To the core. But that especially applies to Republicans. They bully everyone. Even their own members. They are required to toe the line. Bullied. Bullied. Bullied to follow the pied piper. Right over the cliff. I, for one, refuse to be bullied.  Though it’s difficult. I resist. I fight back. Kicking and screaming. And when that doesn’t work, I retreat. Into the wilderness. Into my cocoon. Into my own little idyllic world. –Jim Broede

No comments: