Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm with Russia on this one.

Good news. Edward Snowden has been granted a year of political asylum in Russia. Gives me another reason to like Russia more than my native country, America. Though I would never pledge undying loyalty/allegiance to any country.  A country is merely a country. Often run by absurd and unwise and deceitful politicians. In America, Snowden would be prosecuted for espionage. For revealing classified and secret information. Over American government spying on its own citizens. The Obama administration would like to imprison Snowden, and throw away the key.  I voted for Obama. Twice. But that doesn’t mean that I support all of his policies. Especially when he starts to act a little like a Republican. I like Obama when he acts like a true liberal. There’s talk that Obama will cancel a scheduled summit talk with Russian President Putin in September. Because of the rift with Russia over Snowden.  Another sign of the petty nature of American politics. –Jim Broede

No comments: