Friday, August 9, 2013

In positive and loving ways.

It’s important the way one deals with the Alzheimer experience. After all, it’s a potential life-changer. For the survivors. In dramatic ways. For the bad. For the good. Seems to me that one has a choice. For me, it’s meant getting on with life. Doing exactly what dear sweet Jeanne would want me to do. To savor every day. To appreciate being a survivor. Being alive and conscious. Aware. Above all else, to be a lover. Of life. I spent nearly 40 physical years with Jeanne. But I’ve still got the spiritual Jeanne.  Inside me. Whispering into my soul.  A spiritual  connection. Not religious. But spiritual. There’s a big difference. It’s a one-on-one thing. Truly soulful. Intimate. Very personal.  We live in different realms now. And therefore, we have to adapt. To make the most of where we are at. And to follow our destinies. Yes, getting on with life. To continue the journey. In positive and loving ways. –Jim Broede

No comments: