Saturday, August 24, 2013

My very, very true love.

The current cast of characters in my play of life include two cleaning ladies, an auto mechanic, a cat sitter, a handyman and my Italian true love.  I’m writing a scene. In which I play god. Thereby, allowing me to manipulate them. To my liking. Individually. In ways that keep them happy and satisfied. With me. And with each other. Turns out that my true love has ideas about ways that I should treat them. Maybe cast one or two or three of ‘em aside. For varied reasons. When really I want to keep them all as very active characters in my play. And in my life. I want them to more or less worship me. To recognize that I am the true god of love. Yes, that I know everything when it comes to the concept of love.  That I am capable of creating a world permeated by love. In which everyone gets along in perfect peace and harmony. My true love says that can’t be. That it’s a preposterous supposition. Unbelievable.  That I am crazy. But I remind her. I am god/the creator. I have no limits. I can create anything and everything. She says that I am a pretend god. Not a real god. But I say that in every world, even in the perfect ones, there is always a doubter. A disbeliever. But that as the true god, I still love the doubter. And make her my very, very true love. –Jim Broede

Friday, August 23, 2013

Proceeding in perfect harmony.

I am independent. So is my Italian true love. And I’m happy to report that we generally protect and respect each others’ independence. That doesn’t always happen when two independents hook up in a love relationship. Instead, one tries to dominate the other. Or maybe they both become domineering. But that’s not our style. Though it seems to me that takes practice and perseverance. Independent people must work at it constantly. For the sake of fairness. It’s human nature for independent people to assert their independence, sometimes in domineering fashion. That ain’t good. I know it. And so does my true love. Our aim, of course, is to proceed in perfect harmony. With each other. So far, so good. –Jim Broede

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Little wonder. It's true love.

I know people who crave for physical order and cleanliness. That’s the paramount goal of their lives. They may be in mental turmoil. But they put up with it. As long as they have a neat environs. Everything in its place. My mother was that sort. She could be on the verge of a mental breakdown. But as long as she could keep her house immaculately clean, she was able to survive. To find adequate solace in life.  She lived that way for 88 years. Bless her soul. My father, on the other hand, didn’t survive so very long. Only 38 years. When he committed suicide. His life didn’t come neatly arranged. He was a habitual gambler. And according to some psychiatrists, gamblers have a death wish. They like to take risks. Chances. For the thrill of a big win. Anyway, I’ve been thinking about neatness and order lately. Because my Italian true love is a stickler for order and cleanliness. Reminds me a little bit of my mother. Which ain’t necessarily bad.  As long as it brings her peace and contentment on the mental and emotional levels. That’s where I put my priority. Better to have a neat and orderly thought process than a totally neat and orderly place in which to live.  I like a tranquil environment, of course. Because it tends to sooth my mind. But I also can be oblivious of my surroundings. When I’m in deep and penetrating thought. I can live with dust under the bed. Or even a smudge on the window or mirror. My true love has more difficulty with that. But still, I like her tendencies. The ones that make her different than me. We really bring positive balance into each others' lives. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. Every which way. Little wonder. It’s true love. –Jim Broede

No comments: