Monday, August 5, 2013

On savoring music and my true love.

My Italian true love turns me on. In many, many ways. Not the least being to new forms of music. New for me, at least. Left on my own, I’d listen to only classical music. But my true love introduces me to other music. Like folk/rock guitarist Shaun Phillips, who we heard live last night. And Bob Dylan. Leonard Cohen, too. Initially, I liked her kind of music. Because she liked it. That intrigued me. But now I understand and appreciate her music.  For the sole sake of the music. Doesn’t matter whether she likes it or not.  Of course, she also likes classical music. But when we travel together. She’s tuning the radio stations to non-classical stuff.  Which is all right with me. Because I more than tolerate her favorite music. I not only can take it. I savor the music. Her, too.  –Jim Broede

No comments: