Tuesday, August 13, 2013

She's a gem.


Some men are downright stupid. They don’t recognize a gem. When they see it. Even if they live with a gem of a woman for years and years. That’s one of the mysteries of life. The inability to recognize a fine and lovely woman. I’ve become acquainted with a gem. Giovanna. A friend of my Italian true love.  Which automatically makes her my friend. She’s visiting us for a few days. Here in Minnesota. She’s Italian, too. And we’re in the process of buoying her spirits. Because she’s in the midst of a marriage break-up. I tell her not to be sad.  To recognize that her husband is stupid. That she can do much better. That there are men that appreciate a gem.  Real lovers. I’m one of those guys. Maybe that makes me sound arrogant and conceited. But it’s not so. It’s just that I know gems. I’ve had two true loves in my lifetime. One died. The other lives.  I am thankful that both survived after bad marriages. With cheating and lying and unappreciative husbands. But I owe those husbands a debt of gratitude. For being stupid. For blundering. Thereby  opening  the door of opportunity for me. Two gems. The two loveliest women in the world. I am blessed. Because of blind men.  They didn’t see what they had. Treasures. Giovanna could be someone’s treasure, too. Believe me. She’s smart. Versatile. Talented. And if you want to know what she looks like. Take a peek at the accompanying photos. Taken last week in an old time photo studio in the Mall of America. Think about it, smart guys. She’s a gem. –Jim Broede  



             

No comments: