Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lying. Without qualms of conscience.

My friend Julie. I want her to become an actress. She’s 61. But it’s not too late. I have in mind a role. For her to play. Connected with her real life. As a primary care-giver for her 85-year-old father. He’s got Alzheimer’s. And he’s living with Julie. For over five years now.  Julie is a darn good care-giver. But not the best. That’s why it’s necessary for Julie to become an actress. She’s got to learn to exude good vibes. Always. In the presence of dad. Even when she doesn’t feel like it. She can do that. If she learns the art/craft of acting. For the sake of dear dad. Julie tells me she doesn’t want to fake it. She wants to be her real self. Even if that means showing her negative side to dad. I tell her that’s not good for dad. That sometimes, you gotta fake it. To even tell white lies. I do it often. When visiting a sick friend. I may tell him/her that he/she doesn’t look all that bad. I exude good vibes. In an effort to lift spirits. I find something good to say. Even if I have to lie about it. Without qualms of conscience.  –Jim Broede

No comments: