Sunday, September 15, 2013

My favorite dream.

All I had to do was hitch a ride. On the Voyager I spacecraft. Launched in 1977. And I’d be out of our solar system. Into another world.  Yes, an incredible nearly 12 billion miles from Earth. Took 36 years to get that far. Drifting at a speed of about 37,000 miles an hour. The scientists at NASA tell us that Voyager left the solar system on Aug. 25, 2012. Maybe Voyager will drift forever in interstellar space. Voyager’s next significant encounter is expected to be with a faraway dwarf star. In 40,000 years. Voyager keeps sending back signals. Takes 17 hours for the signals to reach Earth.  But I’m thinking, thinking, thinking. That when I become spirit, I can catapult myself past Voyager and to any place in the cosmos. In an instant. Because spirits live outside of time. With the creator. That’s my favorite dream. –Jim Broede

No comments: