Monday, September 16, 2013

My goal: Making serious folks laugh.

I  have a desire.  A goal. To become a stand-up comic. At a comedy club. I could pull it off. By getting on stage. Without a script. And merely  talking. For an hour. Non-stop. With funny stuff. Whatever comes to mind. Spontaneously. I’d prefer an audience of serious, humorless people. People that seldom laugh. Because they really are the funniest people in the world. They would inspire me. To be funny. To poke fun. At serious people. That’s my kind of humor. It comes so naturally. I’d not want an audience of fellow comedians. That would be no challenge. Because they understand humor. I want an audience of people that don’t understand. They make me laugh.  And believe me, I’d find clever ways to make them laugh. At themselves. –Jim Broede

No comments: