Sunday, October 6, 2013

Could be, I'm already a lazy bum.

I’m thinking about spending one day a month as a lazy bum. Essentially, doing nothing. No writing. No physical exercise. No chores around the house. No special projects. My aim would be to see what it feels like.  Like I say, I’m thinking about it.  Which means I may not do it. Because it goes against my nature. I have to do certain things. Every day. In order to be happy. To feel fulfilled. That includes writing. And working out. I don’t want to be a lazy bum. Though maybe that’s what I am. Without knowing it. Because I do as I please. That could be interpreted as laziness. Thing is, I’m really not working. Instead, I’m in constant pursuit of pleasure and happiness.  In a way, that’s a form of laziness. It’s a way for me to avoid work. Nothing feels like work any more. Could be, I'm already a lazy bum. –Jim Broede

No comments: